At the CampervanCo we are committed to protecting your privacy and right to confidentiality. We comply with current data protection legislation and any requirements concerning confidentiality and information security standards. We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation concerning the protection of personal information. This means that your personal information will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Only collected so far as required for our lawful purposes
- As accurate and up to date as possible
- Retained for a reasonable period of time, in accordance with retention policies
- Processed in a manner which ensures an appropriate level of security
What information do we collect about you?
The types of information that we might collect or hold on you includes:
Any additional information we seek will require your consent. Information is collected and processed for the purpose and intention of providing one or more of our services or products. We may request further information for market research purposes, such as:
- How did you hear about us?
Sharing personal data
CampervanCo will share your personal data with other organisations in order to supply product and services to you. This could include but is not limited to, marketing activity and Wi-Fi providers.
We may also share your data in the following circumstances:
• You have given us your express consent to do so
• We need to do so for the purposes of making any services which you have ordered or purchased available to you (for example, where you hired a van from us, we may need to share information with third parties to support the delivery of the van to your chosen pick up point);
• It is necessary to allow us to meet or enforce a legal obligation (for example, we may need to share CCTV footage of you with the police); or
• Where it is fair and reasonable for us to do so in the circumstances.
• If you have consented for us to share your data with other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing, we will keep your consent on record until it is withdrawn or the purpose of holding your data is no longer valid.
• We also use third parties to help us host our applications and platforms to help us to communicate with customers etc. We only use third parties who are compliant with data protection laws.
This relates to anyone who accesses www.campervanco.com
The privacy of your information is important to us and we want to keep you well informed about cookies. We shall continue to work on initiatives in relation to recent cookie legislation to ensure you have the best experience when visiting our website.
The different types of cookies we use
These cookies are essential for certain features of our websites to work e.g. when you make a payment or reservation to hire a van. These cookies do not record identifiable personal information and we do not need your consent to place these cookies on your device. Without these cookies, some services you have asked for cannot be provided.
These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how you use our websites. This information is used to help us improve our websites and understand how effective our adverts are. In some cases, we use trusted third parties to collect this information for us but they only use the information for the purposes explained. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These cookies are used to provide services or remember settings to enhance your visit e.g. text size or other preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Targeting and advertising
These cookies are used by trusted third parties to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. We use multiple first and third-party technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons to track and improve the user experience on our sites, quality of service and to monitor the effectiveness of campaigns and digital marketing activity.
Information contained in these cookies is anonymous and does not contain your personal information. To find out more about cookies used for targeting and advertising go to www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org or contact us on our feedback page for further information about the trusted third parties we use.