- Full Time
- No. of Vacancies: 1
- Experience: 2 Years (Required) in Mechanic/ Fitter
We are looking for a Senior Technician to lead in our hands-on Recreational Vehicle (RV) research, development, design, fitting and production planning through to commercialisation. Automotive-related coachbuilding experience with preferable knowledge of caravans, motorhomes, campervans or similar leisure vehicles is preferred. You will work with a multi-disciplinary design and research team reporting directly to CEO. Knowledge and passion for renewable energy systems a big advantage.
You will have a background in manufacturing and coachbuilding or similar discipline, to embrace our pioneering spirit and be at the forefront of developing the next generation of eco-friendly, zero-emissions camping.
• The role is to take ideas and design improvements to concept, through to final product.
• We want you to use your imagination and amazing skills to make the ideas real and to lead in innovation.
• You will have years of hands-on technical and tool skills with a flair for product development
You will be a time-served mechanic or vehicle fitter with a preference for someone with coach or RV fitting experience. An innovator at heart you will have previous experience in coachbuilding or vehicle design. You will be familiar with Lean Manufacturing and Continual improvement. Fitting, design or mechanical qualifications would be advantageous. You will be a good communicator and able to stand your own at high-level meetings and be able to deal with a range of expertise internally and externally.
A flexible approach to work and hours is required along with a willingness to train and learn new skills.
Duties And Responsibilities
· To work with the Management Team to clearly define goals and strategy for the Company on an annual basis.
· To ensure Company vision, values and strategy are implemented
· To represent the Company at industry and networking events.
· To identify new techniques, designs, materials, uses and applications for products in the Company portfolio.
· To maintain and develop the CAMPERVAN CO culture, values and reputation in its market and with all stakeholders.
· To contribute to a culture of continuous improvement throughout design and product development.
· To lead quality improvement.
· To assist in lean manufacturing initiatives to ensure continuous improvement in all areas of the business.
· Identify product design and development opportunities.
· Evaluate and respond pro-actively to customer issues and suggestions.
· Know and understands, in depth, the customer, their importance and the difference between customer needs and wants.
· Champions the Company mission and protects the integrity of the brand.
· Identify design areas for potential improvement.
· Encourages feedback and ideas from team.
· Provides regular recognition of individual performance and shares best practice with colleagues.
. Promotes fairness and consistency in all areas of work in line with company values
Education & Any Certifications
· Mechanical, technician or fitter qualifications would be advantageous.
. Committed to environmentally-friendly approaches towards all aspects of work, design and growth.
Experience & Background Required
· Previous experience in a similar role (vehicle manufacture and design).
· Passionate about LEAN or similar manufacturing (POKA YOKE, SMED).
Reference ID: Senior Technician R&D
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
• Performance bonus
• Diploma of Higher Education (preferred)
• Automotive engineer: 7 years (required)
• Manufacturing: 7 years (preferred)
• Drivers license (required)
Application Deadline: April 20, 2023